Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Washington DC Getaway

Last week I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Washington DC while Ed was there taking a class for work.

The anticipation of leaving Sam behind while I took off on my own for the first time was pretty tough for me, but I kept reminding myself that Sam would be on his own vacation too! GramE (Ed's mom) came to spend time with Sam, so I knew he was in good hands. Once I got on the plane, I started to relax. I have never been to the east coast, so I was excited about seeing something new. In the evenings, Ed and I would venture out together. We took a ferry across the Potomac to Alexandria, VA, enjoyed a "Monuments by Moonlight" tour around DC, and also had dinner with Ed's college friend and her husband who are living in DC.

It was nice to have this time together, which is a rarity these days. But I do have to admit that the best part for me was having some alone time in the hotel to do NOTHING if I wanted. I read, watched TV and also enjoyed time on the computer. Okay, maybe the best part was seeing Sam at the airport...I think he was as happy to see me as I was to see him!

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

These are awesome night shots! I am so glad you had the chance to get away and enjoy each other and DC.

Cameron said...

Oh I wish you would have called us! We are only 30 miles from D.C.! If he comes again for work let us know, we can come into town and meet you for dinner! :)