It's been a busy few weeks around here...not that it's usually NOT busy around here anyway, but busier than normal:) So here are some pics of what we've been up too. There are quite a few, so I'll try to keep the comments brief.
Here is our latest family pasttime...coloring on the kitchen floor. We've done this in the past, but not since the girls were old enough to be involved, so it's been fun to have something we can all do together.

Sam decorated this gingerbread house almost all by himself (Ed put the frosting on and then Sam had freedom to decorate). He didn't even eat that much because he was too busy decorating!

Mollie enjoyed watching and eating samples!

Sam and the completed project!

Sam and his best buddy Ben after their school program. Sam did so great...I cried through the whole thing because I couldn't believe he was in his first program. What a joyful time that was!

Family Christmas at my parent's house the week before Christmas weekend.

The only group shot of all the grandkids I got and it's blurry plus Mollie and Emmeline were screaming...but that's okay, it will make for a memorable story to show them later:)

Sam trying on my niece's very high heels:)

Sam got a few Curious George books for Christmas and one of them was called "Donut Delivery." It prompted a doughnut treat for breakfast the next morning, which just may become a Christmas tradition. We
never eat doughnuts around here...so it was quite the treat as you can see by the kids faces:)



Taking a break before the next round of Christmas comes:)

On Christmas Eve, we had our family Christmas here at home, where we celebrated Jesus' birthday (with an ice cream cake), before delving into Santa's presents.

Everyone enjoyed blowing out the candles!

New toys!

Finally a photo with both great grandmas! I treasure that my kids know my grandmas and my grandmas are a special part of this Christmas Eve tradition.

Rare family photo!

Kids with my mom and dad.
Fun new game from U. Doug and A. Denise!

Christmas Day at our house with Ed's side of the family. Here is Sam, Allis, Emmeline and Mollie.
Sam's favorite gift!
Christmas craziness/fun!

Playing Settlers while the kids were napping...true fun since this rarely happens for Ed and I!

Sam with cousin Allis...he loves her to pieces!

Kids with Ed's mom and dad.

Playing with new Christmas toys...

Doing some laundry and getting back into our routine after the business of Christmas.

Playing with new toys...

Today Ed and I took Sam rollerskating for the first time. Our local rink was having a New Year's Eve special, so we thought it might be fun to try something new. Sam was very excited when we walked in, but once he got his skates on and realized how difficult it was, there were a few tears and I thought we'd be leaving soon. But he was a good sport and even though his legs gave him a good workout, he kept at it and was doing better with greater confidence by the time we left. They did a balloon drop at the end, which was a fun countdown for the kids. Rollar skating brought back so many memories for me because I did it quite a bit when I was in grade school. It was fun sharing this time with Sam to try a new adventure with him.

Goodbye 2011...you were a
crazy busy year.
We wish for a much simpler, less chaotic 2012!
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
In just a few weeks the kids faces have changed so much! How on earth is that possible? Sam looks so grown up! I love the girl's hair pulled up. So cute!
There is a shot of the girls in their red Christmas dresses and now that I'm typing I can't see who was in the Santaesque dress but she looks just like Nevaeh did in hers. LOVE IT! Miss you! Happy New Year!
It looks like you had a wonderful holiday. And so many great family pictures! Love it!
Rollar skating! What a great idea! I have to take my kiddos. I think they would love it. :)
Yes, living less chaotically. That is my goal too. I want to be so much more laid back in all aspects.
Thanks for commenting at my blog so I could come on over and meet another Wisconsinite. :)
Post a Comment