Friday, March 29, 2013

Kicking Off Spring Break

Yesterday the girls and I picked up Sam after a half day of school and went to get lunch for all of us to eat at Ed's office.  The kids love to eat lunch with Ed and since Sam is in school all day now, we took advantage of the opportunity to go.  The kids played outside while we waited for our food.
 Then we headed to Ed's office and enjoyed lunch (and custard!) together.
On a whim, I asked the kids if they'd like to head to the walkway by the lake shore.  I was afraid it might be too cool as it was in the mid-40's, but the weather was beautiful.  No wind and lots of sun made for a nice walk.
The kids were so excited to be out and about.  They were running and exploring.
 And they were taking advantage of rock throwing opportunities:)
All was great until someone had to go to the bathroom...and then someone else had to go and we had an incident that wasn't all too fun.  But I won't go into details:)
We found a park and the kids enjoyed their first play ground time of the season.  They were elated to be climbing and swinging again.  And check out Mollie going down the fire pole by herself.  Sam couldn't believe it.  This girl can do anything she puts her mind to!
When we got home I decided that a picnic supper was in order.  The kids couldn't believe we were having supper on the floor!  It was a great way to sample lots of healthy things...nuts, fruit, veggies...I may just have to do this more often because they all ate well and loved it!
Although we have no grand plans...here is to Spring Break!  Ed is taking next week off and I look forward to a break in our routine and some family adventures...whatever they may be!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Dinner on the floor! That's a great idea! What a fun mom you are. I bet my kiddos would love that! :)
Hope you have a wonderful Easter and spring break!