Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day by Day

I thought it would be fun to look at some of the "ordinary" things we do day by day.  It's kind of a way for us to both remember as well as remind ourselves of all activities we take for granted, or don't think are very memorable as we are doing them.  Some of them are tiring for us because they are stages the kids are going through that we are ready to move on from.  But looking back, we won't want to forget them:)  So here is a look at our day by day activities recently.

The girls like taking things with them in the car.  Stuffed animals, dolls and even our blow-up Halloween skeleton:)  They even get buckled into the car seats while the girls are at school.

Late last week we harvested our garden.  I honestly lost most interest in it this year.  Another cool summer and things just didn't grow well.  But Mollie enjoyed pulling out what was there.  Emmeline lost interest quickly and moved on to digging in the dirt and playing with a worm.

We spent some time at "the farm" this past weekend.  Ed's sister-in-law Holly and I transplanted a lot of flowers at the site of a Memorial garden we are creating there.  We are hopeful things will look more colorful in spring.  The kids helped by watering.

Grandkids and grandparents:)

Emmeline in her black kitty Halloween costume.  The kids had their first experience with plastic fangs and love them!

Our church hosted it's first "trunk-or-treating" event last weekend.  Small group, but the kids had lots of fun because they are so excited for Halloween.  It was a nice way to break up the wait for trick or treating and made me get started on their costumes!

Fall raspberries!  I've been wanting to pick some so bad but just never got to it.  Yesterday I convinced my mom to come with me and pick a few.  It was literally the last day of picking because rain was in the forecast and that would put an end to the season.  I was fortunate to still get some this late and they are wonderful!

We carved a few pumpkins last night.  Sam even did his own carving this year.

The girls drew their own faces this year and even drew several that they wanted carved out.  Emmeline's pumpkin has 2 carved faces and Mollie's has 3!

And so we go forward...day by day...

1 comment:

Kat said...

You're right. You definitely want to remember this stuff. I love the little bit about the girls taking toys with them into the car and them keeping them buckled in while the girls are in school. Those are the things you are going to read years from now and get warm fuzzies thinking about.
I just went back and read a bunch of my old posts and felt that same way remembering things that I swore I'd never forget. So glad I did write them down because I had forgotten so many little things. And those are the things that make up a lovely life, right?
Fun post! :)
Hope you are enjoying this lovely late fall weather. Wow!