Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sometimes, Life Just Doesn't Seem Fair...

I'm a procrastinator...I do best under pressure. So when I pack for a trip, I usually make my list as I think of things several days before I have to leave, and then actually check things off the list and spring into action the day/night before.

I am so tired tonight and would rather be in bed instead of frantically running around trying to make sure I have everything for myself and for Sam. Things are a bit more challenging too, because I'm actually packing for a double trip...first a wedding in Nebraska and family time there, then a trip to Las Vegas, where Sam and I will stay with my very good friend and old roommate Wendy to visit with her, her husband Steve, and new baby girl Gabi!

And all the while I'm frantically running around, I get to watch Ed (who has done his share of helping and is done packing himself) do what I wish I was doing...
As Ed often tells me, sometimes life just isn't fair...

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Hmmm, seems like I've heard that somewhere recently. :)

Have fun on your trip! And remember, they sell toothpaste and t-shirts where you're going! :) Ha ha, that's what I have to tell myself, anyway. Get some sleep! :)