Friday, November 6, 2009

Big Boy Bed!!!


I can't believe my little boy is already out of a crib and into his own big boy bed! We were going to transition Sam out of his crib and into a bed between Thanksgiving and Christmas, to allow plenty of time before the babies come for him to get used to his new bed. And to ensure he wasn't feeling pushed out of the crib to make room for his sisters. However, the time just seemed right and he was excited when we talked about it, so we put up the bed in his room a few nights ago and he never looked back at his crib. We all had to lay in it with him and we read books. It's been 3 nights and he has gone to sleep without a hitch and slept the whole night. He even calls for me in the morning, just like he did in his crib, and waits for me to come before he gets up. Okay, I know this won't last, but it is so nice for now and makes the transition easier for me too. I'm so glad he feels so comfortable and loves his new bed:)

Here he is sleeping on his first night. I think he fell asleep within 5 minutes of us putting him to bed. I guess he had stayed up later than normal that night, so it helped that he was tired. But he sure looks comfy.

Here he is on the second night...so comfy, just like in his crib:)

Sleep tight bud!

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Hooray! Glad it's an easy transition for you! :)

Frizzy said...

I ENVY YOU! That's all I'll say about that. LOL

Ele said...

I'm dying to see you guys!

Ele said...

Does he get up too early and come into your room now that he can get in and out by himself?