Thursday, June 2, 2011

Playset

Our backyard looks a little bit different as of this weekend, thanks to the addition of this playset/fort! Ed found it on Craigslist last fall and had to have it (for the kids of course:) It was only about 2 miles from our house, but it was big, so transport was interesting! With the help of my good friend Shellie's dad and Ed's dad, this past weekend it made the trip to it's new home.

I didn't think the truck would survive and am so thankful it did! Everything went really well, despite a moment of "is it going to make it past that really unlevel spot in our lawn?!" The guys put new posts in place and got it standing on its own and then pulled the truck out and voila!



The kids were anxious to check it out!

I hope they enjoy many fun years with this...

I was not ready to see this! As I've mentioned before, Mollie has no fear and Emmeline was right there to join her too. We'll have to block off that bottom step on the ladder because following 2 around this thing is nearly impossible!

Ed and Sam were in it all evening, and we ate lunch in it the next day. Basta even managed to get up the ladder because he didn't want to miss out...we couldn't believe it!

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

HOW COOL IS THAT?! I am imagining tons of stories being made in that fort. Maybe even a Yaya sisterhood meeting or two?

Shellie said...

Looks like the old camper on the truck!! Well not exactly...maybe a Caveman Camper!!