Monday, September 12, 2011

Sam's First Day of School!

Today was Sam's first day of school! WooHoo! :)
He didn't think he was ready, but I knew with great confidence that he was. I didn't send him anywhere last year because I truly didn't think he was ready (and neither was I), but this year I can confidently say Sam is READY! He needs more than me and his 18-month-old sisters to entertain him. He is smart and loves to learn. I can't wait to see how he embraces the school year ahead.

Here is Sam with his best buddy Ben. These two get along so great (and also are learning how to cause quite a bit of mischief together!). I think having Ben in his class has given Sam a lot of confidence to try something new.

They were both just a little excited:)

When we picked the boys up from school, we saw they had made these chalk tracings on the asphalt. How fun! Even more sweet was how Sam and Ben connected their hair and made a line between their hands. I hope this is a friendship remembered...even if they are so young.
And here is Sam inside under a list that they had made to end their day. Looks like they had a busy first day. I am so happy that it was a good day for Sam and a positive first experience!




3 comments:

Michele said...

Glad Sam is having fun at school. I'm sure he'll do great and absolutely love it!

Frizzy said...

So exciting! Glad he had such a good day. He looks more and more like Ed with every picture.

LOVE IT!

Ele said...

Oh my, he looks like he had a great day! Big smiles!