I have to admit, I've never really been into Halloween. Now that I'm a mom of little children, I'm really not crazy about huge amounts of candy entering their little bodies...BUT, seeing the fun they have when dressed in costumes is priceless.
Just look at Mollie and Emmeline checking each other out in their cow costumes:) And Sam wore this dinosaur costume last year and has worn it so many times inbetween and loves it just as much this year. Costumes = Fun:)

Candy = Smiles:)

Sam knew what to expect and could hardly wait for his treats. I was amazed at how quickly the girls were reaching for their treats too!

One of my favorite parts of Halloween that is a tradition for us is visiting the Grandmas' and Omas' in costumes. I absolutely love that my kids know MY grandmas and that they are a part of their lives.

Not sure how much I love this entire sugar crusted marshmallow treat being consumed in one sitting...I try to
give a little even though I also try really hard to nourish my family's bodies with healthy foods.

If Halloween means more family time and fun memories, then I'll take it (and skim some candy out of the bags while the kids are sleeping!).
I had to beg for this picture of Sam, Mollie and Emmeline with Oma (my grandma) because she absolutely HATES having her picture taken (plus Sam was grumpy, Emmeline kept climbing off the couch and my grandma would not look at the camera:). But I want them to always know how much she loves them and looks forward to their visits. This picture to me is priceless!
3 comments:
yay.
Love it and the memories. Esp how much you had to go through to get the shot. LOL
Good times! We're not big into Halloween either but we have fun for Nevaeh. Scott even dressed up this year as a "B" Keeper. He had the letter B all over him and wore his sun hat and shirt covered in tool. Looked perfect!
Love their costumes. I hate all of the candy too...at least Kellyn eating it. But, I enjoy it enough.
Post a Comment