Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!


It is my mom's birthday today.  Happy Birthday Mom!  I wrote the above Happy Birthday message in chalk on our driveway this morning and Sam drew the "princess" below the words for Nana:)  It's the first time he's drawn a princess that I'm aware of, and it was too cute:)
We celebrated by surprising my mom with a birthday gathering at a local music in the park night.  We were planning to meet casually, but my mom had no idea that her birthday was the reason for our special gathering tonight.  My sister joined us and we all had wine, cheese, crackers and a dessert treat (with candles and the embarrassing song that goes with it:)  Ed and I had a sitter, so we were able to enjoy the evening without little ones crawling on us.  They were having their own fun at home:)
It was a fun night filled with family and fun.  Thanks for giving us a great reason to get together Mom:)

No comments: