Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekend Canoe Fun

I woke up on Sunday morning to find Ed and Sam in the canoe in our tiny little pond that we are in the process of filling in.  After getting the canoe a few weeks ago, Sam has been so excited to try it out.  Unfortunately we have had no rain for weeks and weeks around here, so all of the creeks and rivers are too low to take a canoe in.  The funny thing is that this "pond" only has about a foot or so of water itself...but it worked for a little fun! 
Sam got a good lesson in paddling...even though he could cheat and push the paddle against the bottom of the pond floor to make the boat turn:)
Of course, when the girls woke up, they wanted to be a part of this fun activity too.  Mollie took one look at the boys in the canoe, marched into the garage and got herself her own paddle.  That girl can do ANYTHING she puts her mind to!  "Mollie do it" or "I can do it by myself" is something we hear MANY times each day...and usually she is able to do whatever it is herself too:)
Emmeline was content to be a part of the action by sitting and watching everything that was going on...no paddle needed for her:)
 Then the fun began when these guys started catching frogs...oh, the squeals of joy and excitement!
 They were all super interested...but guess who was the master frog holder???
Just look at her...she knew just how to hold him so that he wouldn't escape and she wasn't one bit afraid either.  Sam kept asking to hold one, so she would hand it to him and he would let it go right away...not our Mollie!
And after the canoe fun was over, there was extra fun with a wheelbarrow ride around the yard.  I remember this from when I was little:)  I love that they can all 3 still fit in the wheelbarrow...not for much longer though!
It was a great weekend.  We accomplished a lot around the yard and also had much fun in between jobs!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Haha! That looks like fun! A pond in your yard? How cool is that? I love it! Love the pic of them in the wheel barrel too. :)