Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer

Summer is here and we have been knee-deep in lots of summer activities these past few weeks.  Most of our weekends are booked already, through the start of the new school-year...it's crazy!  But we hope to make the most of the warm weather by getting out there and exploring whatever it is we find interesting on a day to day basis:)  My mission is to explore new places...new parks, new lakes, new hiking trails, etc.  We have a lot to do in our neck of the woods and I hope to discover a few new favorite places this summer.
I told Sam I'd like to keep a list of all the parks we visit this summer, just to see how many we go to and how many new ones we can find!
 Parks are always fun!

Unless it's too hot...then popsicles are more fun:)  (Thanks Aunt Ele!  We love these popsicle makers you found for us:)
Sam has been taking swimming lessons these past couple week and LOVES them this year.  He wasn't so fond of the water last year, but I had him take a couple lessons during the winter and I think that really helped him get more comfortable in the water.  So while Sam is having his lessons, I usually take the girls in the little "tot" end of the pool where they can get used to the water.  They are having a blast.
We have lots of bike riding going on here.  Since Sam learned to ride his bike, we've been taking bike rides around the neighborhood and yesterday drove down to a park with a creek where the kids played in the water (wish I would have had my camera for that...but I guess it was nice to enjoy the moment rather than trying to capture it all on film:)  The girls are getting more comfortable on their Skuuts...esp. Mollie...she is becoming quite confident on her Skuut and loves it!
Both girls learned how to peddle within the last 2 weeks.  They have to keep up with their big brother after all!
Park outings are a lot easier this year than they were last year...but are still quite busy with 2 little ones climbing on everything and sometimes finding themselves stuck where they can't quite climb with the big kids!
Swinging is a favorite, esp. for Emmeline.  She could stay on a swing forever.  Mollie loves it too, but loves climbing more.  She has got to be on the move and doesn't like sitting for too long:)
 Sam still has a passion for classic cars, so we try to find fun local events where he can get his car rix!

The beach has been a great place to keep all 3 kids busy.  With unlimited water, sand and rocks, you can't go wrong!
 Just look at the fun Sam and Emmeline had being buried in the sand:)

 Mollie wasn't so sure she wanted to be a part of it...like I said, she doesn't like to be held down!

 This was the closest we could get Mollie to being buried in the sand:)
No matter what we do, with these 3, it's always an adventure!
And I leave you with...a picture of Sam's first "buzz-cut!"  I wanted to do it last year, but chickened out:)  He looks great and has been enjoying his summer cut.  His haircut seems to have made him older too...both in how he looks and how he acts...it's quite interesting!
We hope your summer is off to an adventurous start also!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

Love love love this post! I miss you all sooooo much and wish we could be doing all those fun things with you too.

I've created a summer bucket list. So far we've crossed off 3 things. Nevaeh climbed across the monkey bars all by herself. We went to San Fran to meet Scott's cousin. We went to a baseball game. Good times! This week I hope to get to a kid's museum with Nevaeh before the craziness of the next few weeks takes over.