Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Morning of Painting

It's been HOT here lately...in the mid-90's, so we were in need of finding some indoor fun this morning.  I have to admit that I've felt guilty lately of just not being able to come up with creative things to keep the kids busy.  I have a background in working with kids and have stacks of activities/ideas around the house.  But when it comes to keeping all 3 of these kiddos busy and happy, it's not as simple as just pulling an activity out of the file box.  So I've been giving myself a hard time...and I've just been plain TIRED doing nothing but taking care of basic needs.

But this morning, I decided we needed to paint!  And I tried to think of lots of ways that we could paint.  It ended up to be a fun "paint-ful" morning!
We painted with our fingers...
(Sam did some coloring of a 4-wheeler)...
We painted with brushes...
We painted using Bingo dobbers...
We painted using golf balls rolling around in a big box...
And then Sam and I worked on a special painting activity while the girls were busy doing these puzzles!  Aunt Julie, they are loving these puzzles right now and are very good at them!
I found this "straw monsters" (along with many other great ones) activity here .  When I saw them I knew I had to try them.  Sam had done painting by blowing through a straw at school and loved it. 

 After the paint dried, we put googly eyes on and drew silly mouths with black marker.
 They are quite cute if I say so myself:)

This was our table full of painting fun...with more spread out on other tables because we ran out of room!  I now have new kid art in my kitchen from all of the kids and I love it.  It makes me smile to see their creations and reminds me of the fun we had this morning.  I hope we have more of these creative mornings in store for us this summer!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

I love the paint monsters! How do you do that? DO TELL!