It's June here in Wisconsin, which means it's time for our annual trip to Breakfast on the Farm! It's anticipated almost as much as Easter or Christmas around here. The whole experience is fun...starting with parking in a big field and getting a tractor ride to the farm. Then we get a great breakfast. This year it was eggs with ham, yummy pancakes, cheese curds, and applesauce. Plus all the milk (even chocolate) that you can drink.
I've been trying to get Sam to go on this little lawnmower/barrel ride for the last 3 years. Finally this year he was ready! He was so excited and smiled the whole time...no longer any fears about it:)
I asked Mollie and Emmeline if they wanted a turn too. I had a feeling that it might not go well, but they both said they wanted to try it and I thought maybe if they could both see Sam and be close to him, all would be okay. Well, it was for about 10 seconds, but then when the lawnmower made it's first turn away from where I was standing, Mollie started screaming. So as the driver heard her screams and turned the next corner, I came to her rescue, which meant that I needed to come to Emmeline's rescue too...because if Mollie was leaving, so was Emmeline:) Oh well...at least Sam enjoyed his second ride!
This year they had a new section with peddle tractors. This was by far Sam's favorite thing there (even better than the ice cream)! He peddled and peddled and peddled around on these.
And of course Mollie needed to give it a try too. She actually just learned how to peddle a tricycle by herself! But a heavy tractor on grass was a bit challenging.
Sam milked a pretend cow...
The girls looked at lots of animals...
And then we went back for more tractor peddling:) After trying them all Sam's favorite was the Allis Chalmers tractor (uncle Chris will be proud to learn this!) because it peddled the best and had "real" tractor tires.
Then there were cows to see and there was ice cream to be eaten. The weather was nice and sunny. It was a great family trip to this year's local dairy farm!
2 comments:
So fun! We did that once a few years back. It was more for my dad, who has always LOVED farms. I think we should go back for the kiddos.
Great pics!
My my have you ever been busy lately! I envy all the fun things you've been up to.
Post a Comment