Friday, September 28, 2012

Fun at Bay Beach

I've been wanting to take the kids to a local amusement park all summer...it was on the list.  Finally 2 weeks ago, I woke up one morning and asked Ed if he was up for a last minute adventure.  He usually is:)  Then we called his parents to see if they wanted to meet us there, and we were on our way.
The kids were quite excited and were on and off of rides for several hours.  I wasn't sure if Mollie and Emmeline would be game for going on some of the rides by themselves, but I think having their big brother with them helped.  There wasn't one tear...a few unsure faces at times, but once the rides got going, they LOVED them!
It was so much fun to watch them having so much fun.  The picture below is one of my favorites because I feel like it captured the mood of the day.  Mollie is in mid-stride, with a look of joy and excitement.  She had just gone down the big slide with Dad for the first time.
Having Ed's parents there was nice too.  They were able to help with the kids and go on a few rides with them and just enjoy the fun.  A great time was had by all!
This was one ride I didn't think the girls would make it on without crying.  Ed said Mollie's face clouded over a bit when she went on for the first time, but once they got going they loved this ride.  Makes sense...they both love swings:)
 The boats were a hit with all 3...

I think this was Sam's favorite, because he figured out he could steer the car in and out while it went around the track.
With Ed's parents there, we were each able to take one of the kids down the slide at the same time, with one adult left for picture taking!
 Ed, his dad and I all went on the only bigger roller coaster ride they have there...the Zippin Pippin!  I guess it was Ed's dad's first ever  roller coaster ride.  We were happy to be along on the ride with him:)
We ended the afternoon with the always-popular carousel ride.  It made me realize how fast the girls are growing when they insisted on riding "by themselves" on their own animal. 
 It was a fun day and we are happy that Ed's parents could join us on this last-minute adventure!

1 comment:

Kat said...

That is so awesome!!!!
Do you know I have NEVER been to Bay Beach? CRAZY! I've lived an hour away almost all of my life and I've never been there. We were planning on taking the kids there this summer but one thing after another (broken leg, eye surgery, etc) and we didn't do it this year either. Ack!
So glad you got to go and have some fun. Gotta love those last minute trips. They always turn out the BEST! :)