Last weekend we went up north with my parents to enjoy what may be the last nice fall weekend there is for many months, soaking up fall and the outdoors. (long run-on sentence I know:) I have many childhood memories from this place and love to get back once a year with my family, to enjoy a weekend of nature and outdoors...no TV, no electronics...no running water for that matter:)
It was past the peak of fall colors, but not by much, so there were still so many colors to enjoy.
My favorite things to do are to sit by the fire and to just take walks and enjoy the scenery and sounds of quiet in the woods.
There are a ton of oak trees on my parents' land and every year I cannot believe the size of some of the leaves on these oaks. It is absolutely AMAZING! I brought some back with us so the kids could take them to school to share with their classes.
Sam's favorite thing to do is go for tractor rides. He loves to drive the tractor and has a great area to explore. He talks about it all year and I love that he even has the opportunity to do this.
The girls aren't about to be left out of the fun.
They were just as excited for a tractor ride/drive too!
Here is Mollie having fun with Papa, and their dog Gilbert didn't want to be left out of the fun either!
We rigged up a tire swing for the weekend and the kids had lots of fun on it. When I was little, there used to be a tire swing in a huge old maple tree on the property. But only a stump remains of that old tree, so we found a new spot to put this tire swing.
I think it was a hit!
As was this snake! Ed found it and the girls were so excited to hold it. I can't believe they have no fear...they had trouble taking turns because each one wanted to be the "holder of the snake".
Ed and I took a tractor ride around the property too. Beautiful scenery all over!
I guess this doesn't even look like we were on the tractor here...but we were!
Fun shot:) Yes that is an outhouse...no running water here!
The dogs were SO happy to explore. I took several walks with them and love to see them have the space and freedom to sniff to their hearts content.
This is the first tree Sam ever climbed 2 years ago. He's done lots of tree climbing since then, but it's a fun memory and now the girls are interested in climbing too...especially Mollie of course!
Group photo! It was such a nice weekend and I feel fortunate to have this spot for an annual fall escape to the "wilderness!" Memories in the making...ones I hope my kids will treasure as much as I do:) Thanks Mom and Dad for being part of this special fall weekend.
2 comments:
That looks like heaven! What a fabulous place to be in nature and unwind. I LOVE the tire swing! So fun! And I love that the girls held the snake. Awesome!
Beautiful family have a wonderful day. I am so frightened about snake.
I was surprised to see the girls holding the snake in their hands.Tire swing is lovely.
Post a Comment