Fall weekends in the yard...I LOVE them! I love when we are all outdoors working and playing as a family. Our yard is big...fun to play in, but overwhelming to try to maintain. Fall is always a great time to try to weed, thin, transplant and remove brush. We've been working on our back lot line since we moved in. Year after year, slowly removing brush that has been persistent in filling in where we don't mow.
And speaking of mowing, my dad was over with his tractor and mower this weekend to cut down all the tall grass we don't get mowed during the year. He usually does this once or twice a year, to keep things from being too overgrown. It's always a fun event:)
There were lots of leaves to rake...and still are for that matter, but we did manage to clear one small area of the yard and had some fun while doing it!
I love this smile I caught of Mollie getting a ride in the leaves. Pure happiness in the moment:)
This isn't a great picture, but it captures what Ed was doing for most of the afternoon. This lot line used to be full of brush, and one by one they are being removed. It is quite satisfying work! This old Explorer has sure come in handy for this type of work. I'm not sure what we would have done without it. Someday I'll have to do a post dedicated to this Explorer. It has quite a story:)
We also burned some brush that we had pulled last year. And of course if there was brush burning, there had to be marshmallow roasting!
When the Explorer wasn't in use, it served as a nice jungle gym for the kids!
I can't believe how these kiddos are growing!
Fun times to be had while playing IN the Explorer too. These kids love nothing better than a ride around the yard in the truck:)
It was a great weekend. The kids played so nice and kept themselves busy outside with us. We got so much accomplished and feel just a bit more ready for the change of seasons that will inevitably be here soon!
2 comments:
I just love fall. So much fun! And what memories you are making for your kids. Makes me smile. :)
Did you know you can shorten your urls with Shortest and receive money from every visitor to your shortened links.
Post a Comment