Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Recap

This past week has been full of Halloween activities and sitting here this morning, I am all "Halloween-ed" out!  But it sure was fun while the Halloween spirit lasted:)

We started with an evening of pumpkin carving.
 Everybody was excited to dig in and did a great job of getting all of the goop and seeds out.
 The kids chose the shapes they wanted for their jack-o-lanterns and soon the pumpkins were done.
 Then there was work to be done on Halloween costumes.
 Sam decided to be a robot this year.  His costume was a great project for Sam and Ed to work together on.
The kids said we didn't have enough Halloween decorations around the house, so we made some Halloween crafts...bats and ghosts to hang on our ceiling fan!
Then there was trick-or-treating night.  The kids did great and Sam was such a great sport in his costume that was quite challenging to walk in.  He got so many compliments on it that I think that is what kept him going strong.  Mollie loved running from door to door to get candy.  She was a pro!  Emmeline lasted for a little while, but halfway through was on Ed's shoulders and had had enough trick-or-treating for one night:)

 The kids all couldn't wait to get back home so they could dump their bags and sort their candy!
 We even had Halloween themed meals this week.  Pumpkin ghost pancakes were a hit.
 Jack-o-lantern pizzas were fun to make.
And finally I had a Halloween themed meal (mummy dogs...apple/peanut butter mouths...skeleton veggie platter) to help celebrate my dad's birthday.  It was a night of family fun and a great way to bring Halloween to an end.
It's crazy to think, but now thoughts will move to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I can't even believe it is November already!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Wow! What fun! I love it! Halloween is an absolute favorite of mine, and it looks like you all do it well in your house! Great job! I love the robot costume! LOVE!

I can't believe it is November already either. I'm not ready for snow and Christmas just yet. How is time going by so quickly????