The days continue to fly by around here...I'm not sure where they are going, but life seems to be passing in a blur these days. It's always fun for me to see what the kids find to keep themselves entertained, and just when I worry that we are out of ideas or that I am too tired to think of new ideas, someone comes up with something that they all want to do again and again for several days in a row. Last week it was making Playdoh cookies.
These guys made plates and platters full of cookies. It was fun to hear what imaginative kinds they came up with. Then they would gather them to have a brief picnic with some stuffed animals, then it was back to the cookie making table again. And this week...cookie making is over. Sam has been very interested in learning about all of the "States" that make up the United States. He has been doing puzzles and copying their names onto the computer. Two weeks ago he brought home a picture dictionary from school and spent almost 4 hours (yes...4 hours) copying ALL of the words in it onto paper. I love to see him so interested in learning and love to see what he is interested in as he grows.
And in other exciting (or not-so-exciting:) news, this week brought our first snowfall of the season. Not a lot, thank goodness, but enough to make the ground white and get the kids very excited for winter.
The girls loved making tracks around the yard and were overjoyed to be wearing their winter boots again:)
They were all smiles with rosy cheeks outside.
And there was one thing that they were REALLY excited about...
Just check out Emmeline in this picture. I caught her in action:) These girls love nothing more than to eat snow! There was barely enough snow to pick it up without getting pine needles and who knows what along with it. But they were very careful and were elated to have this afternoon snack. It reminds me of making snow ice cream with them last year. We may just have to do that again this year when winter arrives for good! Ready or not, it is on it's way.
1 comment:
Yes! Life is flying by! I just can't keep up with the blog lately. It just seems like too much.
Snow! I was so glad it melted quickly. Funny how the kids are all thrilled with it and the adults are groaning. I am anyway. I only like snow around Christmas time and then I'm good and done. I'm such a party pooper. ;)
Post a Comment