Monday, June 30, 2014

Feeling a Bit Like Summer

It is FINALLY feeling a bit like summer around here.  We are still having cooler days than normal, but have been blessed with some really nice ones too.  This kids and I have been enjoying our usual summer adventures and it has been nice to get out and explore.

Thanks to some unused "free Dairy Queen small cone" coupons the kids got from the library last year, we recently discovered that Dairy Queen cones are SO much better than the cheap McDonald's cones that I like to grab for the kids as a snack sometimes.  I wish the DQ cones were as cheap as the McD's ones, because we are hooked on how good they are!
One afternoon last week I took the kids to pick a few strawberries.  We picked enough to make 2 pies and have one small bowl left over for breakfast the next morning.  When I say "we," I mainly mean "I" picked, although Sam was a pretty good helper.  I think Emmeline managed to put one in the box and ate the rest and Mollie might have managed about 3 or 4:)
 Here is proof of busy summer days...afternoon naps on the couch:)
 Exploring some small lakes around where we live...
And finally some summer water fun!  We've made it to the pool a few times but are anxious to go a lot more.  Today the kids had a little fun in these water fountains, although after about 10 minutes decided they like swimming at the pool better.  So it goes I guess...at least now we know:)
Our summer is off to a good start already!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Yeah for summer!
Unfortunately it hasn't felt like summer at all here. No opportunities for swimming yet. Boo.
Hurry up warm weather!