Thursday, June 5, 2014

Signs that Summer is Starting

I can hardly believe that I am posting SUMMER pictures!  It feels like we have waited forever for summer to arrive this year.  And although it is not official yet according to the calendar, it feels like summer is starting around here!  We gathered the kids and made our "summer list" which includes ideas of things to do and places to explore this summer....always a fun thing to do to start our summer off!
 We took our first canoe trip with the girls a few days ago.  We were itching to get a short trip in, so we made a last minute decision to grab the canoe and check out a new route.  It was a perfect afternoon that we all enjoyed.  More canoe trips are on the list for this summer!
The kids loved a chalk paint activity I did last year, so we tried that out already again.  Our driveway is now colorful once again.  I'm sure we'll be doing this many times this summer.
 We are making it an end-of-school-year tradition to have a family night at a favorite fun restaurant once the kids have officially finished school.  We enjoyed pizza night and then had lots of fun in their huge game room!
 The girls enjoyed playing games as much as Sam did this year!  It was a fun night for all of us.
Sam got his hair buzzed (by me:) as a sign that he is officially ready for summer.  He also had his first baseball game of the season.  This year his team is hitting from a pitching machine, so games are moving at a bit of a faster pace (not a lot faster, but definitely a little:)!
Thursday night classic car night is in full swing at a local burger joint right up the road from us!  Sam LOVES looking at all the cars and especially loves watching them drive out as the night ends.
All 3 kids enjoyed a little hoola hooping too.  Classic car night also includes hoola hoop contests.  I'm amazed at how much better Sam is this year.  They all 3 practiced for quite awhile...I was impressed!  I think the fun music helps with learning how to hoola hoop!
I wonder how they will be doing at the end of summer, because I have a feeling they will get a lot of practice here on Thursday nights!
And summer driveway activities are in full gear.  Here they are all "fixing" their bikes at the make-shift bike shop.  It's amazing what chalk lines and a few simple tools will do to fuel the imagination.  Now if I could just get them to stop fighting over the tools they want to use...life would be much quieter:)
Summer is off to a good start.  I look forward to the adventures that are ahead of us!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I know that restaurant! ;)

Yay for summer!!!!! It's about time. Looks like you have a lot of fun ahead of you and you are already getting a good start on it. :)
Enjoy the lovely weather!