
I just remember saying "2 girls" again and again, looking at Ed to make sure I had heard the Dr. right:) I have to admit, I had tears in my eyes, because I had so hoped for another little boy. Now I am trying to figure out why I had my heart set on at least 1 boy...because I feel guilty for admitting that. Every time I put away Sam's clothes that are too small, I always felt like I knew that they would be used again for Sam's little brother some day. I could see Sam and a little brother playing and growing up together. The bigger question I've been asking myself is "Is it really another boy I was hoping for, or did I just have so much fun watching Sam as a baby that I want to do it again (focusing more on Sam as an individual rather than that he was a boy or a girl...does that make sense)? I worry that the two girls will have a great connection that Sam won't be a part of...I worry that I won't be able to handle the "drama" that most girls seem to naturally bring to any situation...and I worry that I won't be able to relate to the needs of girls as well as I feel I can with the needs of my little boy. I worry, I worry, I worry.
And then I see this little girl, Twin B, chilling on her back with her hand by her face...and wonder why I worry? Why can't I just enjoy the moment...just like she is in this picture?

When in reality, God always has a plan and a reason that I KNOW I will understand some day. I know I will love those little girls to pieces and will not be able to imagine my life without them. And I know I will look back and wonder why I worried so much...why I couldn't see that God gave us our children in exactly the right order. I'm praying that I can find peace with this knowledge soon so that I can let go of what "my plan" was and accept God's plan.
3 comments:
Congratulations on two little girls! Relax as much as you can and enjoy each moment. Keep the FAITH! :)
I love you and all your worries. I can't wait to look back on this and laugh like we have so many other things in our life.
Keep all that baby clothes! Maybe Holly will need it. (or me someday! who knows?!) Love you!
Post a Comment