Saturday, February 6, 2010

33 Weeks and Counting Down...

33 weeks and things are getting tough...I've really noticed a difference this past week. It's much harder to get around and up and down. My back hurts and I'm not sleeping well at night. Most days I just want to sit...so that's what I do. I'm lucky that Sam is fairly cooperative, considering he's an active 2 1/2-year-old! Then I have the occasional day where I get a burst of energy. So I do laundry, organize things for the girls, or take Sam on errands. I'm doing my best to take it easy...one day at a time.

Meanwhile, Sam and the dogs do enjoy cuddle time when it comes to downtime on the couch for Mom:)

Work on the girls' room continues, which is stressing me out just a little bit (insert eye twitch here:). But good progress is being made and Ed's parents are coming soon to help us finish it up. What a relief that will be when the room is done. Pics will come soon!
We've decided to have the babies delivered via c-section, for several reasons, and I think I feel a bit more relaxed knowing this and having a "for-sure" end date in sight. Unless the girls make their appearance early (I'm betting on the first week in March), we will be going in for a c-section sometime during the week of March 8-12. That's less than 5 weeks if they make it until then! I can't believe how the time is flying now that we are close to the end. I go in for one more ultrasound on Tues to see how big the girls are. I know they've grown by how difficult it is for me to maneuver with them in my belly lately! I'm going to the Dr. weekly and will soon start going twice each week. Time will really fly then!
We are very excited, nervous, anxious, etc. for the girls' arrival. We have no idea what kind of a ride we are in for! Hopefully more updates to follow soon:)

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Oh, hooray! Thanks for the update and especially for the photo of you! You look great! But I do imagine it's hard to carry around that much extra since you are normally so svelte. :) Thinking of you lots these days!

Frizzy said...

Wouldn't it be funny if the twins were born on March 10? That's my brother's birthday. Last time I was pulling for Sam to be born on Yaya's birthday but he missed it by a week on the nose. Wonder if the twins will be a week early on the nose? Can't wait!!!! You look so good!

cat said...

Oh wow, you are doing so well. We also oped for 38 weeks but the boys got so big! Good luck!

Ele said...

Jess! How about some pictures from the new room?! I guess you have carpet going in soon? Your countdown says 42 days. Wow. I cant wait to hold those babies! Have you decided on their names?