Monday, March 15, 2010

Our Little Glo Worms



We came home from the hospital on Friday and were able to avoid an extended hospital stay so far due to the girls being jaundiced, by doing some photo therapy at home. Since we came home on Friday, the girls have become our little "Glo Worms." They have to wear little photo light pads 24 hours a day. Today we will head to the Dr. to see if their levels have come down enough so that we can take them off the lights. I'm looking forward to holding them without them being connected to something. But they have tolerated the lights pretty well themselves.

Sam seems to be adjusting to having his baby sisters out of mom's tummy and at home with us, even better than I had hoped. I've been so proud of how he has accepted them. I know their will be hurdles and that this can change, but just the fact that he has accepted them as his sisters puts my mind at ease. He is one special little boy!

3 comments:

Frizzy said...

So happy to see these pics and to know your mind is more at ease with Sam and the girls.

I know he's adjusting well because you did and are doing everything possible to make him feel included in this change and journey. How he relates to them is all because of the love and confidence you give him.

So good to see you all home together. Hope the appointment goes well today.

cat said...

Oh the little cuties! All 3 mine were jaundiced.t

Cameron said...

So happy you are all home and doing well and that you're able to have them do light therapy at home! :) They are beautiful and I'm so glad Sam's adjusting well! Congratulations! :)