I finally did it:) I finally managed to plan a surprise for Ed without giving it away. I plotted and planned and organized a weekend away for us. Thanks to both of our parents who gave our kids and dogs their own little vacation while we were gone!!! We were blessed with a truely amazing weekend. Time away and beautiful weather...it couldn't have been better!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
An Anniversary Surprise
Happy 8th Anniversary Ed!
I finally did it:) I finally managed to plan a surprise for Ed without giving it away. I plotted and planned and organized a weekend away for us. Thanks to both of our parents who gave our kids and dogs their own little vacation while we were gone!!! We were blessed with a truely amazing weekend. Time away and beautiful weather...it couldn't have been better!
I hunted around online and found a place that looked like it was what we would both enjoy. Not a stuffy hotel room, but rather a type of studio apt. set in the rolling hills of beautiful farmland. Paths we could walk on and even a fire pit for us to use. Perfect!
Our hosts were so welcoming and made sure every detail was taken care of. Bread and local cheeses were waiting for us when we arrived and also a fun gift basket with coffee, fudge and baked goods. Yum! This place felt so comfortable, it was easy to relax.

This was our favorite part. The firepit on the patio out back. And we had amazingly perfect weather to use it. We spent both evenings out here and soaked up the beautiful evenings.
We toured the New Glarus brewery. They just built this new building in 2007 and it is amazing. It was fun to do a bit of beer tasting and lounge on these grounds.
We also went to the saturday morning market in Madison which wraps around the capital square. Busy, but quite fun. We bought food to make our own dinner that night!

Here was lunch (which we also enjoyed outside on the patio:)
And here was dinner with the fire going. Just what we love. Food, fire and stars!
Yum! Grass fed steaks, fingerling potatoes, swiss chard and peppers. Can't forget the wine!
I finally did it:) I finally managed to plan a surprise for Ed without giving it away. I plotted and planned and organized a weekend away for us. Thanks to both of our parents who gave our kids and dogs their own little vacation while we were gone!!! We were blessed with a truely amazing weekend. Time away and beautiful weather...it couldn't have been better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Belated Anniversary. I always forget it and I'm sorry for that. What a wonderful weekend! Good job on keeping it hush hush.
Post a Comment