Saturday, May 14, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

It's been busy around here lately...these last few weeks have been full of activities. The biggest being a wedding for Ed's sister Elizabeth. I'll get to a post on that soon. But for now, here are a few shots from the last couple weeks.

Emmeline has figured out how to use Sam's jackhammer:)
Sam is driving his corvette this year...still a bit hesitant, but he's enjoying driving instead of sitting:)

Cousin Allis turned 1!!! We celebrated her birthday and enjoyed fun and yummy treats!

Sam has enjoyed playing with cousin Livia.

Ed and I dug and planted 35 pine trees in our yard! Last year while my mom and I were on a garden walk in our town, I found a husband and wife who were willing to let some people come in and dig out the many (hundreds) of spruce seedlings that grow in their backyard each year. That was a BIG job accomplished, and I am so thankful for that opportunity.

The other day, we walked outside to get in the car and discovered this family in our little (turned big because of all the rain we've had) pond. Sam and I enjoyed watching them swim all around.

Here are all 3 kids together and smiling, caught in a moment of happiness:)

And last but not least, we've enjoyed Mimi's company that past couple of days here at our house. The girls and her were all wearing stripes and I got this picture of them together.

It's still raining A LOT around here...which means lots of weeds, wet lawns with long grass that can't be mowed, flowers that want to open but need a little more sun to do so, and kids that want to get outside! When will it stop raining?!?!?!?

2 comments:

cat said...

Nice little catch - up . You all seem healthy and happy.

Frizzy said...

Ahhh My how time flies! I just can't get over the girls or Sam and how much they've changed since Thanksgiving.

What fun having a family of ducks to watch! Did you notice them nesting or only after they all hatched?