I had to dig up these pictures of our trip to Switzerland/Italy in 2008. I am SO thankful that we went (thanks again for the opportunity Elizabeth!). And am so grateful that Mario and Lucia were able to meet Sam and that I have these pictures of them holding him.
Here is Sam with Mario. Not a clear picture, but a precious one. Sam was going for Mario's glasses, of course:)
And here is Sam with Nonna (grandma) Lucia...
And here we are, Sam eating gnocchi for the first time. Sam started eating table food on this trip...not surprising with all of the great food we had!
The memories are precious and we are so incredibly grateful for the effect that this family has had in our lives. They welcomed us as family from day 1, and made our days in Italy so special. Nostra Familia Italiana
2 comments:
Mario has been on my mind the past few months too... The evening I met him is when he said, "mosquiti" pointing to the critter in the air, and I've been saying it all summer when one buzzes around me! J'taime Italia.
I'm so sorry to hear this news Jess. I'm sending my love and prayers to you and to their family.
Post a Comment