Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Put Me In the Zoo!

I've been promising Sam we would go to the zoo all summer...and we finally made it! He went to a zoo-themed vacation bible school in June, so this was to follow up on that theme...to go to a REAL zoo. He wanted to take good friend/cousin Livia with us. It was so fun watching them.
They were silly...

They braved danger together...

They both LOVED riding the sky glider and said it was their favorite thing at the zoo...

Talked to the bears together...

Watched the seals...

Enjoyed Popsicles...

The only thing they argued over was who would be holding the treasured map...had I known we would have grabbed an extra one at the entrance. So they took turns. Here is Sam directing us where to go while Livia looks at the pond.

And here is Livia, taking her turn to tell us what is next while we visit the kangaroos.

The train wasn't in working order when we got there, but lucky for us, it was fixed so we could get a ride before we left!

Grandma and Livia, although here she is busy looking at Sam:)
And this is just cute. I didn't even notice that Livia had her arm around Sam until I posted this picture. I love that these two have such fun playing together!


2 comments:

Frizzy said...

They are going to be the best of friends their whole lives. Gotta love that! Some of my best memories from my childhood were spent with my cousins.

Did you get a new camera?

Ele said...

You were at the Zoo in GB just a few few weeks ago-- which zoo was this one?