We are still trying to figure out how to get a mid-day rest around here these days! The girls stopped napping nearly overnight, it seemed, just after the time change in November. I then started doing "quiet time" and quickly figured out that if I wanted that time to be quiet, the girls had to be put in separate rooms. So one went in their room and one went in Sam's room and it worked great...for a week or two. Then the girls started falling asleep during quiet time, which isn't a bad thing, except for when they are up at 10 pm and coming out of their room for the 10th time because they aren't tired!
We are spoiled because Sam NEVER gets out of his bed. He's never tried and always just goes to bed and is a great sleeper. He took naps until he started kindergarten this year. So for the girls to stop napping at 2 1/2...I was shocked...and in denial...this momma needs a break! But I'm not necessarily willing to sacrifice a normal or even early bedtime for an hour or so of quiet time during the day. So we keep trying different things and take it day by day. I know this is a big time of transition and we'll get through it...
even if we all are a bit tired and running ragged in the process:)
1 comment:
Oh boy. It is sad when those naps go, isn't it? EVERYONE needs them. ;)
Post a Comment