Monday, January 28, 2013

Meeting Baby Ryan

This past weekend Sam and I went on a trip to Denver to meet our newest family member.  It was a great adventure and a wonderful chance to have some 1:1 time with Sam.  Our departing flight was delayed by about an hour and a half...no fun with an anxious little traveler, but other than that, our trip was great!
Ryan is 4 months old today!  He was such a cutie and absolutely loved Sam.  Sam thought Ryan was pretty cute because Ryan would always smile at him and look at him when he was near.  Ed's sister and her husband have been blessed with an amazing little boy!  We are so glad we had this chance to visit them and to meet and spend time with Ryan.
 We took walks...
 played Wii (a lot:)...
 ate ice cream...
 got to wear fun balloon hats...
 went for a scenic drive...
 and enjoyed a little hike in the mountains.
 Ryan enjoyed his first steps on the mountain too:)

These two were just cute together and I hope they grow a strong cousin bond as they get older.
This short hike made me ache for a family trip to the mountains.  I can't wait to take the kids to a National Park...to explore and to hike and have an adventure.  I knew Ed would have loved this too and could see Mollie hiking up the trail with us (Emmeline might prefer a piggy-back ride, but she likes being outside too:).
Ryan LOVED having Sam read to him.  He would get so vocal and would jump around with excitement.  I captured a video of this and am so thankful for it.
 I enjoyed any cuddle time I could get with him:)
The weather was amazing while we were there, and on the last day we headed to to zoo for another adventure before we had to get back on the airplane. 
It was a nice way to be together and move around before our trip back.  Sam loves maps and always like to be the guide to lead the way, so I had to capture this moment!
Group photo of Sam and I with Ed's sister Ele, her husband Rob and Ryan.  Thanks for having us!  We were so grateful to spend the time with all of you and are so excited to have Ryan in our lives!

2 comments:

Kat said...

What a fun trip! It looks like it went perfectly! :)
Great pics too!

Ele said...

I love looking at the pictures, but having you here was the best!