It's been an interesting winter so far this year, but then again, I think most Wisconsin winters are interesting in one way or another. Time seems to be flying by and I don't feel as "trapped" as I usually do at this point of winter, which is a good thing:) We've been keeping busy with this and that, filling our days with whatever life brings our way! I feel like I've been extra focused on just soaking in the kids...watching them grow and learn...it's happening right before my eyes and I can see it day to day. It's just amazing to watch.
Mollie and Emmeline can often be found somewhere reading to each other. I LOVE this and have pictures of them all over the house together with a book!
Time outside has been limited due to some really cold temps this year, but we get out when we can!
These toys are used year around...consistently...and I took a picture to remember this. They are pushed around in snow and dirt and have many many miles on each of them:)
Here are the girls reading more books in the little fort we made. We've been going to the library every Friday after music class, and I am loving the routine. I love finding new books to bring home and having a stack of them on the shelves to read. The girls enjoy choosing their own books along with many other activities the library has to keep them occupied.
Sam's kindergarten class had their 100 Day party today at school. They did so many fun things I wish I had been there to join in! It sounded like lots and lots of fun for all of them. They made their own t-shirts and each had to bring in a collection of 100 items. The creativity was great and the kids loved seeing each other's creations. Sam chose to bring in 100 balloons. I'm glad kindergarten has been so much fun and such a great experience for him so far. And I am SO amazed at all that he has learned this first half of the year. He is beginning to read some books and is starting to write sentences. The work he brings home each week always shows that he is very busy in class and is learning so much!
We had a brief visit from Ed's aunt (who was in town for work...lucky us!) and uncle last week. The kids soaked up their attention
Rare family photo...with both dogs, even more rare!
Love these smiles:)
Emmeline was exhausted after their visit..haha! Rather, it's yet another interesting way I've found her positioned during "quiet time." She did this all by herself and this is how I found her sleeping when I went in to check on her. Love it!
Emmeline reading to her baby doll. If they aren't reading to each other, they have now begun to read to their favorite friends!
We are making some slow progress on the mudroom cubbies, and are trying to involve the kids along the way so that they can take some ownership in the final product! The shelving is now up and complete, which means the next step is to prime all of it...ugh! Followed by 2 more coats of paint...double ugh!
The girls helped me paint the backing before the shelves went in.
Since it is winter and we are stuck inside a lot, we've been continuing to do a lot of art projects. Mollie went through a cutting phase and spent a few weeks cutting, cutting and cutting. She's gotten quite good at cutting and it's fun to see her so focused on mastering this task!
If we aren't cutting and gluing, we are painting...making something crafty...
or playing with Play Doh. The craftiness never ends around here:)
And when we've had enough of crafting and need to shake it up a bit, we pull out the music and have a dance party. This is something I hope the kids remember when they get older:) Our music seems to evolve as they grow older and so do their dance moves. It's fun pulling out some of our old CD's and seeing their reaction to the music. We've got some great videos for them to see when they get older!
That's just a little of what has been keeping us busy these days. Ed and the girls will be celebrating their birthdays soon, so birthday excitement is in the air around here!
1 comment:
I agree! Usually by this time I am sad and depressed and SO READY for spring, and I don't feel that yet. I mean, I would love spring to come early, but I'm not loathing this winter yet. Whew!
I love all the reading pics. And the pic of your little one sleeping Too cute!
My kids have their 100th day of school activities on Tuesday. We are bring 100 Hot Wheels, 100 pieces of popcorn, and 100 LEGOS. :)
Glad to hear your winter is going well! :)
Post a Comment