Sam stayed home from school the other day because he was recovering from a bad cold over the weekend. After a long weekend at home, I knew we needed to have some sort of diversion for the day, or otherwise the kids would all end up doing "this" all day:)
Instead of arts and crafts, I decided to switch it up and do a bit of science fun. We started by making a little catapult that could launch little marshmallows. I'm sure Ed could have doctored it up so that it would work better, but it was effective for a few minutes of entertainment.
Then I pulled out the food coloring and we experimented with some color mixing.
This was a little tricky with 3...but they enjoyed it:)
And while supper was cooking, we did a "sink or float" activity. I had done this a few months ago and they loved it, so we tried it again. Sam helped me find some things around the house that we could use and then they all got turns to pick out an object from the bin to see if it would sink or float.
Look at this little Lego guy floating:)
Sam has been starting to write words and had fun "documenting" this activity:)
There was still lots of goofing around for the day, but at least this gave us a few structured activities to try together. Somewhere in some bin I have a fun science "messy" activity book, and hopefully I can find that soon, but these activities worked for the day.
1 comment:
So fun! You are such a good mama! :)
Post a Comment