Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow Day = Snow Ice Cream

Sam had his 1st official Snow Day today and it sure did come with a whole lot of snow!  The kids couldn't believe how much was on the ground and loved the walls of snow that the snowplow left in our driveway.
I wish I could say we spent A LOT of time outside today, but walking through all of that snow made these guys tired, so they didn't last long.  But the snow did make a big impression on them:)  When I was little we used to get snow like this a lot.  I remember sliding down the big drifts from the snowplows after they went down our road. 
One thing I've seen and have always wanted to try with the kids is ice cream made from snow.  I figured it was the perfect day to try it since we had A LOT of fresh snow use!  I used this recipe and it was yummy!
 These guys were very excited and hope it snows again soon so that we can make it again:)
Not sure what Mollie was doing here, because I don't think she had any ice cream in her bowl yet, but she must have been anticipating what was to come:)  The sprinkles were definitely a hit too...everything is better with sprinkles!
I hear we may be getting even more snow yet tonight.  Time will tell.  But for now we can all have fun memories and maybe happy dreams about fun in the snow.  We need something to help us pull through these last weeks of winter, as we are all getting very anxious for Spring!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I LOVE that first picture. So cute!
The snow was exhausting. It was practically up to Grace's armpits so she could barely move through it. Pretty exciting for them, though. :)

We love snow ice cream too! :)