It has been quite an interesting spring so far. Wet, cold, windy, wet, wet, wet... We have had a lot of water around our yard and even though I think it is still very cold outside, the kids just can't resist. They must play in the water, even if it is still almost at freezing temperatures!
But I love that they have this outlet. I'm glad that they are drawn to the water to entertain themselves rather than just the TV. Outside is better than inside, if you ask me:)
The girls have worn their rain jackets many times already this spring. It's a good spring to have them!
Mollie is still interested in worms and frogs and all of those fun wiggly things...Emmeline will hold worms, but not much more:)
Today we went for a walk around our yard and discovered that our daffodils are in bloom. There is a whole section of them in a spot where not many people can see them...maybe some day I'll transplant them, but for now it's fun to go and discover them:)
There was a lot of water to discover around the yard!
The girls love taking walks with their rain boots!
They weren't so sure about getting water in their boots though:)
But we ventured on and they survived!
Puddle jumping is the best!
And discovering what is hidden in puddles is always fun!
I'm so thankful warmer weather is coming, because we absolutely LOVE to be outside. I'm so thankful we have this yard to enjoy. It reminds me of all the fun I had in the yard I grew up in and I have so many great memories from the hours and hours I spent playing out in the woods behind my parents house. I hope my kids have great memories of the being outside too!
1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment