Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Where R U Spring???

I wish I had something exciting to write about Spring Break...or the last 2 weeks, for that matter.  We didn't have any specific plans, except for some outdoor yard projects (like fixing up and painting a play set we found on Craigslist in fall) that would have been fun to complete if the weather had cooperated.  And maybe a family day trip somewhere for an adventure or two...but it didn't turn out that way.  It turned out that Mollie got sick on Monday, and was sick for most of the week.  It was a pretty bad case of Strep throat...fever, headache and lots of sleepiness.  So we just hung out around here and crossed our fingers that no one else would get sick.  But as I'm learning from experience, if one gets it, so will the others sooner or later.  Sam got sick on the following Sunday and Emmeline on Monday.  All various forms of Strep.  I guess this unending bad streak of weather and winter illness had to give us one more kick before Spring decides to arrive. Sam missed the first two days back to school after break.  Ugh!  I thought we were done with winter...

Anyway, very few pictures were taken because we mostly just vegged on the couch.  But here are a few:)

Baci and Basta got groomed.  This is the longest their fur has been and this picture does no justice to how bad they looked.  I kept waiting for weather to get warmer, but I finally decided to just shave them.  They were very happy and ran around the house playing when they were done.  They don't seem to mind the cooler temps now that their fur is gone.  It must feel very nice:)
One day Sam and I got all of our wheeled "toys" out of the shed.  Even though it was still quite cool, the kids loved getting a break to wheel around outside for awhile.  Seriously...when can we lose these winter hats???
We went for a walk around the yard and explored the trees the kids love to climb.  I can't wait to get pics of the kids in these trees when it's warm enough to go without jackets.  This is where I took the girls 2-year-old pics last year and I'd like to take their 3-year pics here again.
We even played in the sandbox a bit.  Getting more sand for our sandbox was also on the Spring Break list...but the weather just didn't cooperate.  So we made good use of what sand is left in the box:)
On an exciting highlight...my parents came home from their winter pilgrimage to warmer lands!  Even though it was quite chilly out that evening, we were excited to be outside to greet them when they arrived.  We are all very happy that they are home!
And now, as Sam is back to school and Emmeline is still recuperating, we have a week chock full of rain and cold temps to enjoy.  Rain, rain and more rain, with temperatures in the high 30's and low 40's.  Look at the dogs in the picture below...they don't even want to be outside and were begging to go in!
 
So we watch the rain...puddles tempt us from inside that are just way too cold to jump in.  Every week we anxiously watch the extended weather forecast only to see more rainy, windy, cold weather.  Oh Spring, where are you?!?!?  We are so anxious for some sunshine and temperatures above 40!
Rain Rain Go Away...Come Again Another Day...Please?

No comments: