Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day by Day

The days keep floating by and I have such good intentions of posting and just never seem to get to it.  But I guess some days/weeks are like that:)
Emmeline continues to be busy with her art projects.  I wish we had an art table that we could keep up for her somewhere, because this is what our kitchen table looks like every evening at supper time.  I'm definitely NOT complaining about her using this space to create such fun things, it's just not fun to clear off the table for supper every night.  She even had extended space due to the card table we put up for guests in this picture!
One of her MANY creations.  I am thinking of putting up an art string in her room where she can hang her latest creations with little clothespins. 
 The girls with their best furry friend Baci:)
And how could I not capture this!  Our girls have been "kitties" since they were about 18 months old.  Sometimes they are puppies or ferrets or raccoons, but most of the time they are kitties.  They crawl around the house and meow, dress up like cats and make cat beds...  It is an endless phase.  One that drives me absolutely crazy sometimes, but one that I also know I will look back on and laugh...a lot!  These girls are so creative with their story telling and are just completely imaginative, so if that means their imaginations lead them to be little animals crawling around our house right now, so be it I guess:)
 Here is one of my little kitties in her nest:)  Just look at the creative use of those tights!
And on a completely different subject, last weekend we made it down to Chicago to visit Ed's brother Brian.  I purchased a family pass to the Museum of Science and Industry on Groupon or Living Social recently, so it was the perfect opportunity to use the pass and visit Brian at the same time!
We had a fun family weekend and hope to go back again sometime in summer.  Then we can explore downtown a bit more.  We did take a train ride into the city for fun, but it was just too chilly to explore the parks or lakefront.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Wow! She is very artistic! That is fantastic!
Funny about the girls being kitties. Grace does the same thing but a puppy. She always asks me, "Mom, can I be your goldendoodle baby dog?" She has asked that very same question for years now. Silly girls.

Chicago!!! How fun! I love it there.

Sounds like good things all around at your house. :)