Arlington video by Trace Adkins
A couple weeks ago, Ed and I went to a Trace Adkins concert. He put on a good concert, although I did learn that I am not a big fan of most of his songs such as "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" just because I don't favor watching videos of women dancing around and the like. However, when he sang this song, it brought me to tears. Maybe it was because Ed and I had just been in DC and had seen all the monuments that are in his video, maybe it was because Ed had been in the military, maybe it was because of the wars going on, maybe it was because of the election, maybe it was because the soldiers serving and their families are constantly on my mind or maybe it was because of all the above. This song deserves to be heard, whether you like country or not.
2 comments:
Jess, That song always makes me cry too. We're so lucky that our husbands are home safe and sound. Reminds of of a song by Garth, Unanswered Prayers. If they had been able to stay in they would be THE soldiers we were thinking of. I'm not sure if you've been getting my emails? Computer's been on the fritz. Let me know though please. I've sent 3 packages. Cost 100.00 with all the stuff I put in them. CRAZY!
That song always gets me, too! That and "If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw, oh my. And it's an oldie but "Travelin' Soldier" by the Dixie Chicks, too.
I usually say the same reasons that you've listed... but really, I felt like this even before I married Jason and experienced the military and had friends over there. My grandpas were military and my dad was in Vietnam. So I think I just grew up understanding the sacrifice. I'm glad there's songs like this so other people can understand it a little more! :)
Post a Comment