Tuesday, June 23, 2009

For Ed: I Love the Way You Love Me

I've been thinking a lot lately that I need to do a better job of reminding you of all the things I love about you...the reasons why I fell in love with you and continue to be in love with you. I need to get back in the habit of finding little ways to let you know that you are the love of my life. So here is a start to the thoughts that have been running through my mind.



How do I love you? Let me count the ways...
  • You make me laugh...often when I'm not expecting it!

  • You like to surprise me and are so good at surprises...big and little, gifts and actions...LOVE IT!

  • You still like to hold my hand

  • You give the best backrubs, even if I ask for one more than one night in a row!

  • You stay calm if I get upset and (usually:) are able to even out my high-strung self:)

  • You know how to fix almost anything

  • You never complain if I ask for help or a favor

  • You fill up my water glass every night

  • You put the covers over me when you roll out of bed if I'm still sleeping

  • You share my dreams for making this house our home

  • You never leave without saying goodbye or letting me know where you are going

  • You are always willing to go with me wherever that may be, even if it's a last minute request

  • You always kiss me goodnight

  • You do the dishes after I make supper

  • I know that you would do anything to make me happy

"I Love the Way You Love Me"

Love,
Me :)

3 comments:

Cameron said...

So sweet. Isn't it great to be married to someone you love who loves you back? :)

Ele said...

Almost crying at this public proclaimation of love. so glad you are in my brother's life.

Frizzy said...

I know this is all true! I've seen some if not all of this in his love for you. I'm so happy for you both!