What Sam is eating above is something I found in a recent Rachel Ray magazine, and I made a few of my own adjustments. Walnut Pesto Chicken! It's very simple (esp. since I had pesto in the freezer that I made last summer!). All you need are either chicken or turkey breasts/cutlets, pesto, walnuts and breadcrumbs. For four chicken breasts, use about 1 cup walnuts and grind them in a food processer. Add about 3/4 cup breadcrumbs to the walnuts and mix together. I like to pound the chicken/turkey pretty thin, but that is optional:) Then smear the pesto on both sides of the chicken/turkey. Coat the turkey on both sides with the walnut and breadcrumb mixture. Have a large pan with a couple tablespoons of oil hot and ready to go on the stove and put the prepared chicken/turkey breasts in for a few minutes on each side. YUM! These are so good! (sorry no pic besides the one of Sam eating a few bites because this is all gone!)

This second meal is really an idea, not a recipie. When we lived in Italy, I came across a Red Wine Plum sauce that was sold at a semi-annual bazzar that was held on base. The sauce is made in Australia and is not sold here in the US (I've contacted them and tried to see if I could order some, but they said their is too much "red tape" to ship an order to me here in the States). Someday I'll try my own version. Anyway, we LOVED this sauce on pork tenderloin. I would just throw a pork tenderloin in the crockpot with this sauce and we had an awesome meal. What was even better were leftovers! I'd buy some great bread and cheese at the market and make an open-faced sandwhich with the bread, cheese and left over pork tenderloin and them toast them in the oven for about 5 minutes. HEAVEN!!! We had this last night for dinner, and even though we missed the Red Wine Plum sauce, they were still delicious!
Happy Eating!
1 comment:
It's almost midnight and I'm drooling. Thanks a lot!
Post a Comment