Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oh, the Things that You Can Do!

Sam has been amazing me left and right lately. His language, his understanding of how things work, his motor skills...I love to see what each new day with him will reveal. So I thought I'd share with all of you, just a few of the amazing things my not-so-little, little boy can do these days!
  • knows at least 20 body parts!
  • count to 5 and sometimes even six and seven

  • recognize some numbers by sight - 3, 8, 9

  • recognize all letters of the alphabet except A and J

  • sing some words from song lyrics "Deep and Wide", "know my bc's" "eieio" "hokey pokey" "wee wee wee wee wee...home!" and many more

  • say thank you (thanks to cousin Livia) when he is given anything

  • know most colors - red, yellow, green, blue, white, brown, pink

  • put two and three words together to say short phrases "Daddy jump" "blue car" "bye bye red truck

  • open doors in the house (yikes!)

  • open the safety latches (double yikes!)

  • walk up and down the stairs alone

  • drink small amounts of liquid from a cup

  • use a fork and spoon to eat (with varying degrees of success:)

  • climb into the carseat alone

  • recognize the make and model of every car that every relative has (this boy has a skill with cars that is pretty amazing)

I know there are a hundered other things, but these are just a few that I thought I'd share. I feel so blessed that God chose me to raise this sweet boy!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

What a sweet post! I love that you're documenting these things! :)