Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Sam had his first chat with Santa this year...I was very impressed. Santa asked him a few questions and Sam answered and seemed entranced by a real Santa. Then Santa moved Sam in front of him to take the picture below, and my mom caught the picture just before Sam's face clouded over and he had big alligator tears in his eyes.

As I mentioned before, this Christmas season has been so fun and filled with so much more meaning because of Sam. I've enjoyed participating in what seems to be some Christmas traditions we are creating. Our town holds "Five Festive Fridays" prior to Christmas and on one of these Fridays there is a "Santa's Workshop." You may remember that we went to this for the first time last year and enjoyed it with Sam. We went back this year and enjoyed the festive activities again. Something to look forward to and to relive memories each year.

This guy sings Christmas carols and is great. Sam put in a request of "Rudolph," his favorite song this Christmas!

I love the look of concentration on his face while painting his ornament. He is just really starting to enjoy coloring and painting.
And who wouldn't enjoy decorating and then eating their own cookie! Yum! Fun Christmas activities with so much yet to enjoy over the next week! We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

WE want to come too! So much fun!