Thursday, September 16, 2010

Persevere

Wouldn't we all love to just let loose and spend the day in our underwear once in awhile? Oh, to be 3 again and have that freedom:) Living in the country does allow us to be a bit more relaxed around our home. I need moments like these to keep me going right now. It's been tough and I continue to struggle to find a schedule that makes everyone happy. I read this post on a new blog I discovered a couple days ago and received some great advice that really hit home.
Persevere
That word just struck me and has given me new motivation. Motivation to figure this out...to figure out how to care for Sam, Mollie and Emmeline so that each of them has special time with me each day...motivation to find a bit more balance so that I have some time to myself each week...and motivation to find more ways to connect with Ed, other than while whizzing by each other in the evenings while we are feeding and then getting the kids ready for bed.

I will persevere, and in the meantime I will enjoy life's little everyday moments that make me smile, like when Sam asks to take his pants off and work in his underwear. Why not???

2 comments:

cat said...

A really great lesson for us all.

Frizzy said...

Love this post as well as the one which inspired it.

Re. Sam and his underwear. I am envious of both he and Yaya for their innocence and ability to not worry about what they look like. I miss the days of walking around in my undies w/o a care in the world.