Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hoppy Easter

We had a fun Easter! Having these little ones sure brings so much fun, joy and meaning into special days and holidays. Creating memories and traditions is so much fun. One thing I always enjoyed about Easter was getting up very early to go to a Sunrise Easter service and then eating breakfast at church. I feel like it's getting harder to find those early sunrise services, but our church had a 6:00 am service, followed by breakfast, so we decided to give it a try! Naps were skipped and the kids went to bed early. Ed and I got up first and got ready, then got the kids up just in time to get them dressed and in the car. The service was nice and I loved that the sun literally rose and shined through the windows as the service was taking place. Sunrise service! We ate breakfast at church and then headed home to find Easter baskets. After a little down time, we headed to meet some of Ed's family at the orchard/farm for a grand Easter egg hunt with all the little cousins. It was fun for everyone:)
Sam and the girls with second cousin Liam and cousin Allis.

There were Easter eggs ALL over!
The girls with Grandpa.
Allis sneaking some gummy bears. The kids all had A LOT of candy, but just couldn't stop themselves:) I remember the feeling well!
Sam had a blast exploring the yard. There were eggs everywhere all around the house and yard!
Sam with second cousin Ellie (who he loves playing with), Mollie, second cousin Olivia, cousin Allis and Emmeline.
Ed sharing some egg hunt goodies with the girls.

Setting out baskets for the Easter bunny to fill.

Sunglasses!

Everybody dove into their Easter goodies on Monday morning. They couldn't wait to get up and look through what they had again.

It was a fun day with fun memories.

1 comment:

Kat said...

The sunrise service sounds wonderful! What a way to bring in Easter. It is such a symbol of a fresh, start. A new day. And way to go getting there with the kids and everything!!! I don't know if I could get all my kids to mass by 6. Whew!
Love all the pics! The girls' matching sweaters are divine!!! So cute!
Sounds like it was a fabulous Easter! :)