It was time for some new art to be displayed on my kitchen cabinets, so after lunch today, we did some cutting and gluing. All 3 have been asking to cut and glue a lot lately...I finally got brave and bought some more regular scissors for the girls to start using (only when they are at the kitchen table!). It took a bit of work to get them to point their scissors "up towards the ceiling" so that they could cut the paper with some success, but today they both did great! Look how focused Mollie is with those scissors:)
A tip for any of you with little ones just learning how to use a scissors...start with tiny strips of paper, maybe 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch wide and in long strips. Kids have most success with this because they can cut across the paper in one snip and "see" their successful cut as it falls to the table. We used the pieces they all snipped and put them on dots of glue that we had filled their desired color of paper with. Sam even made a pattern with his:) It's hard to find anything all 3 will sit still with for long, but today this did the trick! And I'm happy that I have something new to look at in my kitchen too that makes me smile:)
Ahh...I just love basic and simple things!
2 comments:
Are you teaching them to do mosaics already? These look great!
I love it!
Post a Comment