We've been fortunate to have had several visitors this summer. Each of them deserves a post of their own, but considering my time to do this is so limited, I'm making one BIG post with lots of pictures to honor them all.
At the beginning of July, Ed's Uncle Doug and Aunt Denise came to spend some time with our family. We used to make an annual trip to visit them over Thanksgiving, but as our numbers have grown and because it would be a challenge to trap Mollie and Emmeline on an airplane for a few hours at this stage in the game, we've had to postpone this annual trip for a couple of years. For this reason we are SO thankful that we can usually look forward to seeing them in our neck of the woods in the summer.
Despite some REALLY hot weather while they were here (and a couple days of sick kids...some virus they picked up at the swimming pool), we had a great time together. The kids always love to play guitar with Uncle Doug.
Sam enjoyed playing lots of games with them...
We braved a trip to a great park...even though it was hot, hot, hot...
And took these funny family photos...
Gotta love this one!
And as I usually do, I waited until the last minute to get a picture of the kids with Doug and Denise, and this is what I got. Tired kids = not so great picture...but it is a fun memory:) Thanks so much for visiting us and for keeping the kids happy and entertained! We loved having you here!
Then later in July Ed's sister Elizabeth came for a visit (and to be the guest of honor at her baby shower!). The kids always have a great time with Aunt Ele!
She was able to play with them and watch them at the swimming pool and just enjoy a bit of our busy lives with us. And she was even able to eat ice cream with us...something she's really enjoyed during her pregnancy...not a bad craving if I may say so myself:)
Here are a few pics from her baby shower...
Elizabeth and Ed's mom...
Ed's sister-in-law Holly, Elizabeth and I...
Chatting with family...
Jeep-load of baby things:) We can't wait to meet our new nephew! Thanks so much for spending time with us Aunt Ele...you look great and we pray the rest of your pregnancy continues to go wonderful!
And most recently, we spent last weekend with Ed's parents at their place in Michigan. The kids had so much fun playing and exploring.
We went to the beach to continue our summer swimming experience! (Sam just got done with his second set of swimming lessons and did GREAT! I am SO proud of him!). The girls have gotten so comfortable in the water. It's great to see them in their floaties, just paddling around.
We enjoyed a picnic at the park...
...and a little playtime before we had to head home. Sam is now spending the week with them and I know he'll have lots of fun adventures with them and will SO enjoy the special time he gets to spend with them. I'm getting a few things checked off of my endless "to do" list now that I'm only in charge of 2 little persons, instead of 3, this week:) Thanks for the fun weekend at your place!
And the summer adventures will continue as we are FINALLY off on our own little family vacation next week! It's been a great summer with more fun yet to come:)
2 comments:
Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing Elizabeth's baby shower! We're all so happy and excited for them! :-)
So much fun! I envy all your guests! Can't wait to have you here to enjoy time together my friend. I'm so sad the kids won't be with you!
Post a Comment