Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Grandmas

I have been so incredibly blessed to have both of my Grandmas as such an important part of my life for all of my 37 years.  I was also blessed to have known both of my Grandpas; however, they were called to heaven many years ago, so it has been me and my Grandmas for some time now.  This past week, one of my grandmas, at the age of 91, passed away quite suddenly.  As difficult as it is to deal with her loss, I had an immediate sense of peace that she was now in heaven with Grandpa...he passed away about 25 years ago, so she has waited a long time to see him again, and I know she is so happy to be near him. 
As I was looking through pictures, I found these of my grandmas at the girls' baptism.  How blessed were these little girls to be held by their great-grandmothers on their baptism day.  I am so thankful for these pictures.  My grandma was holding Mollie in the above picture...and I adore this picture....from the stained glass, to how peaceful Mollie looks, to how great my grandma looks. 
I love that my grandmas have been such an important part of my kids lives.  Below is a picture of both of them with Emmeline, Mollie and Sam last Christmas.  I remember telling them that like it or not, I wanted a picture of both of them with the kids (my grandma in the blue top hates having her picture taken...its why she's not looking at the camera:).  I LOVE this picture and the memory that it holds.
And here are all of the grand kids and great-grand kids and even great-great grand kids at Christmas 2 years ago.  My grandmas have always been part of our family scene at holidays and birthdays and special days in between.  My kids know where their cookie jars are and where they keep special toys for them to play with.  Most importantly they knew/know their great-grandmas...or Omas...as we like to call them.
Grandma W., you will be missed, but you will not be forgotten.  Thank you for how much you loved all of us and for being such an important part of my childhood and adulthood.  I cherish the special memories I have of you and am so thankful my kids now have memories of you too.  I cried tears of joy knowing that you are in heaven with Grandpa...you waited so long to be with him again.
Grandma B., Sam told me that you aren't allowed to go to heaven yet because we still need you here:)  You are such an important part of our lives and have helped me in so many ways.  We treasure our time with you.

I've tried, but words can't express what my grandparents mean to me.  I'm truly blessed.

No comments: