Tonight was a family dance night! We love to do this spontaneously with the kids. We turn on some fun old dance music from the 80's and 90's and bust out the moves:) It is almost always an unplanned thing, but that makes it even better. Tonight I remembered that Ed had some colored light bulbs somewhere. So we pulled those out and the kids thought it was the greatest thing ever!
Even I have to admit that the colored lights were pretty fun:) I told Ed that I think we should start looking for a disco ball! (I'm actually surprised he doesn't have one packed away somewhere)!
Everyone gets a turn to show their dance moves on the floor!
Here is Sam!
Here is Emmeline! She is usually more reserved, but she had lots of moves tonight!
And here is Mollie! She was into doing somersaults tonight.
Ed pulled out a few moves himself:)
There was a time for "girls on the dance floor."
And there was a time for "boys on the dance floor."
These nights and times together are always fun. It's something that we didn't plan to start, it just happened, and the dancing/music is always evolving. But it has turned into one of our favorite family night time past times and I hope the kids have fond memories of it, just like we do:)
1 comment:
So fun! Family dance night. What a great ides!
Post a Comment