Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 1 - 2013

Our first Christmas celebration was with my family at my parent's house.  It was a few days before Christmas and I think the kids were definitely ready for Christmas to begin:)
 Grandkids with grandparents and great-grandma.
 Presents!
The kids made sure to scope out their presents before the actual gift opening began...I guess it wouldn't be Christmas without a little eager snooping!
 Cousin Taylor showing Sam a little family love:)
Sam and cousin Livia playing together.  I'm so thankful these two are the same age and play so well together.  She is the only cousin Sam's age and I think it is a blessing they are same-aged cousins:)
  My parent's dog Gilbert was enjoying some lap time.
Since it was the weekend and snow was predicted, we decided to spend the night.  We watched it snow all morning and the kids couldn't wait to get outside.
 The dogs were excited too...
 After breakfast and lots of time spent watching the snow fall, we headed outside to play.
I've been anxious for my kids to get a ride on my parents very old snowmobile.  I remember getting rides on it as well as driving it myself when I was little.  It has been pulled out for grandkids to get rides on, but finally our kids were old enough to get a ride too!
The kids enjoyed the sled rides behind the snowmobile even more than a ride on the snowmobile.  It brought back so many memories and was so fun to share with the kids.
  The snow was beautiful and this weekend was a fun start to the Christmas season. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

How fun! The pictures of the dogs in the snow and the kids eating breakfast are just fabulous. Makes me smile. :)