Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Out of bisnes"

What a crazy weather mother nature has given us this winter.  She likes to keep us on our toes...or in this case, falling onto our bottoms.  With the freezing cold temps that we had in the past couple of weeks and then a slight thaw, our driveway (and many other driveways around here) was literally a skating rink. 
If only we could get some of that summer sun to help us a bit.  But the forecast was only showing a day of above freezing temperatures before cooling back into the 20's, so we knew we had to get to work.  Sam is always a big help for these projects.  With him, Ed and I, we were able to get the job done.  Not fun, but definitely necessary!
Some days I sure wish I could put a sign up like this in my kitchen...or on me for that matter!  Sam made this when he and the girls were doing play doh and making cookies and pizzas for people to order.  He would close his kitchen when he needed a break.
I've kept the sign hanging on their little kitchen because it just makes me smile.  I love how he comes up with these thoughts and ideas and I love watching his spelling and writing develop.  These first notes are so fun!  He hasn't yet put a "keep out" sign on his door yet (for Ed and I although I do believe he made one for the girls to keep out once), but I'm sure that will be coming too:)

No comments: