Monday, July 19, 2010

And Let There Be Cake...

3 years ago, God blessed us with the most amazing gift. A child that has brought so much joy and so many smiles into our lives. I remember just staring at him when he was born. I was so in "awe" of this little boy who had entered our lives. I instantly knew what many moms had told me. The love a mother has for her children is indescribable. I agree completely. I could never put into words the joy my heart feels when I look at Sam. I LOVE being his mom:)

Sam, you simply amaze us. You have a thirst for knowledge that is so strong and want to learn everything about the world around you. You ask so many questions and make so many observations and you remember everything. You are so smart! I love that you love to learn.

And I love that you still want to snuggle and give hugs. I know these days won't last forever, so I'm soaking in every last one that you are offereing to give. I love that you are a "Mama's Boy." (But you think Daddy is pretty cool too, esp. when he lets you use his tools to work on project with him:)

Now I understand how quickly children grow. I've heard people say that sometimes a single day can go by very slowly when you have a little one/little ones that are on the go and want to explore everything. But the weeks, months and years just fly by. So I'm learning to focus more on each of those daily moments...because time is precious and I don't want to miss a thing.

Just look at how this boy has grown. You are 3 years old Sam and are telling me that next year you will be 4 and then 5 and then you will go to school. Please don't remind me. I'm enjoying this time with you too much and don't want to think about you going to school yet!
I love being your Mommy and I know that Daddy loves you a whole big bunch too! And your sisters think you are just the greatest. I can see it by how their face lights up every time you talk to them. You are so special and are so loved. I hope you had a very fun 3rd birthday and look forward to all that you are going to learn and experience this next year.


3 comments:

cat said...

Happy 3rd birthday dear Sam!

Cameron said...

Happy Birthday, Sam!! What a big boy you are!!

Ele said...

I love my Sam.